Press Only – No cleaning performed, includes prep work required for pressing and may include multiple presses.
- $12 per book with fair market value of $499 CDN or less.
- $17 per book with fair market value between $500 CDN and $999 CDN.
- Books over $1000 CDN fair market value will be $12 + 1.5% to a maximum billing of $100 CDN.
Clean & Press – Includes dry cleaning of front and back cover, prep work required for pressing and may include multiple presses. We do not provide stain removal services at this time.
- $17 per book with fair market value of $499 CDN or less.
- $35 per book with fair market value between $500 CDN and $999 CDN.
- Books over $1000 CDN fair market value will be $17 + 3.5% to a maximum billing of $300 CDN.
Specialty Books – This includes over-sized comics, magazines, square bound comics, books with inserts etc. We do not provide stain removal at this time.
- $22 per book with fair market value of $499 CDN or less.
- $40 per book with fair market value between $500 CDN and $999 CDN.
- Books over $1000 CDN fair market value will be $22 CDN + 3.5% to a maximum billing of $300 CDN.
Pre-Screening Service - We can pre-screen submissions for a requested grade prior to performing any work. If the book has potential to reach the desired grade we will proceed with the work. This is no guarantee of the grade from the certification company. Books requested for pre-screening that are not deemed eligible for the requested grade will be charged a flat $5 fee.
Additional Services - Spine roll fixes, staple extraction for cleaning, staple replacement, slab cracking and other specialty services are extra. Basic fixes are $5 each, more complicated fixes will be billed based on time.
Terms and Conditions
- The client is responsible for the condition of the books upon arrival to Captive Audience Comics, this includes shipping. It is the client’s responsibility to make sure their comics are packed and transported securely and properly insured if shipping to Captive Audience Comics.
- Captive Audience Comics will do everything reasonable to protect your submissions from damage, loss, theft or other unforeseen circumstances. However there is always a risk your submission may suffer damage or loss during handling, treatment or other circumstances. The client assumes all such risks when submitting book to Captive Audience Comics.
- Captive Audience Comics will not be held responsible or liable for any damages or loss suffered by your books during handling, treatment, or transport. Any attempts by Captive Audience Comics to repair any such damage or acknowledge any loss is done without the acceptance of any responsibility for said damage or loss.
Submission form can be found at the bottom of this page.
We can submit items to CGC on your behalf.
Costs are calculated per order as submission costs can vary greatly depending on submission tier and quantity. Insurance cost to CGC will be based on the Fair Market Value (FMV) declared on your submission. Modern books with a value under $400 USD cost $55.25 per book when submitted in a batch of 10 or more. This includes shipping to CGC, grading fees, and return shipping to us.
If CGC determines that a book submitted needs to be bumped to a higher tier level based on value the customer is responsible for all additional grading and shipping costs associated with the change. So make sure the estimated value is accurate when submitting.
CGC does not consider Newton Rings or interior case separations after encapsulation as a flaw and will not accept them as a Mechanical Error submission. Here is a copy of their response regarding the interior case separations.
I have spoken to my receiving team who have confirmed that the book and the holder are normal for our sealing process. It is completely heat-sealed all around the book and the edge of the inner well.
When viewing the slab from the side you may notice a slight separation from two pieces of plastic being sealed together but it's just how the plastic lays after heat sealing the book inside, there is no damage to the slab or the book.
They have confirmed that they will not be processing the book for a new holder or inner well at this time and it will be returned to you as is.
CGC does not insure international shipments back to the customer, Captive Audience Comics will not be held liable for lost or damaged products on route from CGC to us.
We are currently submitting books to CBCS only for signature verification books. Price for submissions will be calculated as required and include shipping to CBCS, grading fees, and return shipping.
If CBCS determines that a book submitted needs to be bumped to a higher tier level based on value the customer is responsible for all additional grading and shipping costs associated with the change. So make sure the estimated value is accurate when submitting.
Return shipping to clients will be insured for the amount declared on their submission form. The client is responsible for the full shipping cost with insurance and tracking, please be aware shipments with a value over $400 dollars to the United States will be sent via FedEx.
If you would like your shipment insured at the estimate value AFTER cleaning and pressing please let us know prior to shipping.